Performance of practical nursing functions involving screenings, identifying and monitoring health care needs of clients, administering specified injections, collecting specimens, instructing clients about medical care.
Primary Functions of the LPN:
- Has clinical responsibility for all clients who are receiving services from MIRCI.
- Responsible for medication records.
- Take vital signs.
- Screen and evaluates clients. Collect urine specimens as needed.
- Receives incoming telephone calls from clients, physicians, agencies and institutions.
- Counsels, educates and instructs clients and staff on health issues.
- Charts the care and treatment of clients. Completes and initiates referrals in house as requested and needed.
- Must complete Patient Safety Training curriculum.
LPN Secondary Functions:
- Maintains records and assists in the preparation of required reports.
- Assists and conducts in-service training for new employee orientation on Medication Administration.
- Assists in making appointments for clients as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Nurse Manager.
Qualifications for the LPN:
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing
- Licensed to practice in the State of South Carolina.
- Basic Cardiovascular Life Support (BCLS), certified.
- Strong communication skills, customer service oriented, experienced in telephone etiquette and triage, exhibits the ability to work with people (staff, visitors and clients) in a team focused environment.
- Previous mental health experience preferred.
Employee Benefits for full-time employees:
– 3 weeks accrued vacation per year
– 3 weeks accrued sick time per year
– 12 holidays
– Bereavement pay
– Generous benefit package including company paid Life insurance and Long term disability
– 401K matching up to 6%
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $24.00 per hour