Mental Illness Recovery Center, Inc. (MIRCI) is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide community based services to individuals recovering from severe mental illness and/or emotional disorders in the Midlands of South Carolina. This is accomplished through a variety of counseling, housing and financial management initiatives:
MIRCI provides services through several program offerings including:
- REPRESENTATIVE PAYEE PROGRAM (Financial management for individuals in need of assistance in managing social security disability benefits.) 285 individuals served in 2014.
- SUPPORTIVE HOUSING PROGRAM (Permanent housing program for individuals with mental illness, with on-site supportive and clinical services.) 91 served in 2014.
- BENEFITS ASSISTANCE (Provides assistance to individuals in applying for and maintaining disability benefits.) 368 served in 2014.
- SHELTER PLUS CARE PROGRAM (Housing program for homeless individuals and families who need intensive therapeutic services.) 186 adults and 31 children served in 2014.
- HOMELESS OUTREACH PROGRAM (Provides access to behavioral healthcare and entry into Shelter Plus Care and SHP Homeless Housing Programs) engaged 254 individuals in 2014.
- BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE, PSYCHIATRISTS and ACT TEAM SERVICES served 272 adults in 2014.