Provides administrative support to the PATH Homeless Outreach department of MIRCI. Reports to the Director of Outreach and Benefits and utilizes the HMIS system for data entry and coordination of services.
Considered a professional, exempt position that is regular full-time.
Guidelines for Distinguishing Characteristics:
Performs secretarial and paraprofessional administrative duties, including, but not limited to data collection and referrals for PATH clients. Provides support for MIRCI SOAR Benefits Specialists. Maintains the Electronic Health Record and schedules psychiatric services. Assists in the linkage to Healthcare and Educational needs of the consumers served.
Examples of Work:
- Compiles statistical data and reports.
- Schedules Outreach Clients for Psychiatric Appointments.
- Receives referrals for PATH clients.
- Receives and reads incoming correspondence; screens that which can be handled personally; forwards remainder with necessary background information to the appropriate staff member.
- Performs a variety of administrative support and advanced office duties including operating computer equipment, typing, filing, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to accurately collect, record, and report data using Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Ability to accurately collect, record, and report benefits data using Online Application Tracking (OAT) system
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and policies relevant to the agency.
- Knowledge of Excel, grammatical rules, and/or clerical formats.
- Working knowledge of general administrative service functions, and of the care of operation of standard office equipment and machines.
- Ability to collect and assemble information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to understand, execute and convey complicated oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and schedule work assignments.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in interpreting and applying policies and procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public in handling inquiries and communicating information.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Must have a valid South Carolina driver’s license and a good driving record. Must have a reliable mode of transportation to use in performing agency business on a daily basis. Must be certifiable in defensive driving and CPR/1st-Aid.
Minimum Requirements: A high school diploma and a minimum of two years clerical experience, or an associate’s degree in secretarial science or other related field and one year experience. Must be able to type at a corrected rate of 35 words per minute.