The Housing Support – Weekends/Holidays will provide youth in MIRCI’s Youth Housing Programs with safe places to congregate on weekends and holidays. This position will be responsible for staff coverage of MIRCI’s Youth Drop-in Center and/or Youth Transitional Living Program. Day and Night Shifts available – this is an awake overnight position.
A Bachelor’s degree in guidance, counseling or the social sciences and 2 years’ experience in a human service field. Preferred experience in residential treatment environments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES NEEDED:
- Knowledge of providing supportive services and assistance to youth experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
- Knowledge of crisis interventions.
- Knowledge and ability to communicate effectively with clients and other staff members.
- Knowledge of basic health and welfare services provided by other public and private agencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective contact with individuals, families and representative of other professional disciplines.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies and procedures relevant to persons served.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Provides staff coverage for weekends and holidays in a Youth Drop-in Center or Youth Transitional Living Program environment.
- Respond to client needs effectively and in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain safe and welcoming environment for youth.
- Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship with all youth.
- Assists and supervises the daily maintenance of the youth residents, as well as the preparation of meals and self-administration of medications and activities to improve social skills/interaction.
- Performs other related duties as required.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have a valid SC driver’s license and a good driving record.