Under limited supervision provides specialized clinical services, including the provision of individual and group counseling of an advanced nature for adults who have experienced severe and persistent mental illness or emotional problems participating in a Behavioral Health setting. The licensed clinician will report directly to the Clinical Director.
Considered professional, exempt position that is regular full-time.
- Participates in treatment team meetings on a weekly basis.
- Provides direct and indirect clinical counseling to clients
- Provides emergency services including, but not limited to, crisis intervention and assessments, and during after-hours rotation.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Provides group, individual and psychosocial rehabilitative services.
- Provides documentation of services provided within 24 hours of service.
- Coordinates, plans, and implements regularly scheduled groups and activities for assigned clients.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of methods, principles and practices of clinical counseling.
- Extensive knowledge of psychopathology and patient management within a psychiatric setting.
- Extensive knowledge of group dynamics and human development.
- Ability to apply counseling theory in a clinical setting.
- Some knowledge of basic health and welfare services provided by other public and private agencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective contact with individuals, families and representative of other professional disciplines.
- Knowledge of individual and group behavioral traits.
- Some knowledge of the techniques of interviewing and counseling.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, both orally and in writing.
A Master’s Degree from an Accredited School of Counseling, Social Work or Mental Health. Must have a SC Licensure of LPC, LPC-I, LISW-CP, or LMSW and 2 years of experience in a clinical counseling program. Must have a valid SC driver’s license and a good driving record. Must be certifiable in defensive driving and Standard CPR/1st-Aid.