Under general supervision of the Group Home Administrator, assist/provide education related to housing issues and concerns including fire, safety and weather emergencies and, overall, to promote a safe sense of community living.
Considered a non-professional, non-exempt position that is full-time, part-time or PRN as needed.
Examples of Work:
- Provide supportive and emergency response to residents, as needed, and perform other related duties as required and needed for the welfare of the residents.
- Assist residents with ADL’s and help residents understand the importance of personal hygiene and keeping all living areas in the group home clean and safe through demonstration and evaluation. Provide quality supervision/training for residents on all activities of daily living. Provide quality leisure groups/activities. Provide quality redirection and intervention(s) as necessary.
- Identify any physical and/or behavioral changes with appropriate documentation, report observations in staff meetings and provide input regarding resident issues.
- Document according to Policy and Procedures and Quality Assurance in a timely manner, as well as in the Group Home Daily Logbook.
- Develop and maintain therapeutic relationships with all residents.
- Assist and supervise the daily maintenance of the residence, as well as the preparation of meals and self-administration of medications and activities to improve social skills/interaction.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies and procedures relevant to persons served.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Must have a valid SC driver’s license and a good driving record. Must be certifiable in defensive driving, 15 passenger van driving, CPI, Standard CPR/1st-Aid and medication administration.
A High School diploma or equivalent. A minimum of 2 years experience in a mental health or related field.