March 16, 2020
We know you're busy, but we wanted to check-in and update you on what we are doing at MIRCI to ensure our clients are cared for during this Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
MIRCI's management team has created a plan that allows us to continue serving our community in a safe and effective manner.
Here's what we're doing at our facilities to reduce the risk of a potential outbreak:
- Taking into consideration the seriousness of the COVID-19, our entire team is adhering to the interim guidance of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC).
- To continue providing behavioral healthcare, our clinics and Youth Drop-in Center remain open. We ask that folks who are sick not come, and seek medical treatment at their nearest hospital.
- We are restricting outreach to individuals with whom we are currently engaged, and are providing in-reach.
- Staff is encouraging social distancing within all of our programs, and adhering to SCDHEC's directive that no visitors are allowed at the Group Homes or the Youth Home.
MIRCI is postponing '52 Windows – An Evening of Art' to the Fall. There is nothing we take more seriously than the safety and wellbeing of our clients, volunteers, supporters, and staff. We are working directly with our artists and sponsors to reschedule, and we will continue to provide you with updates.
In this time of uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and flu season, imagine the anxiety of our folks living with mental illness and who are formerly homeless.
If you'd like to make a donation, we'd welcome the following at our administrative office: 1408 Gregg St., Columbia, SC, 29201. If you are unable to make a donation of the above list, but would still like to contribute, please click the button below.
- Hand soap
- Dish soap
- Hand Sanitizer
- Disinfectant wipes
- Disinfectant spray
- Toilet Paper
- Non-latex disposable gloves
Thank you! #MIRCIPROUD
Our Contact Information
1408 Gregg Street, Columbia SC 29201