JOB TITLE: TLC Clinical Counselor
The TLC Clinical Counselor will assist residents in MIRCI’s TLC Program in developing or refining skills needed to live independently in an apartment in a community setting. The clinical counselor will also provide transportation for the residents to scheduled activities, and will be responsible for creating a monthly activity calendar.
A Bachelors degree in guidance, counseling or the social sciences and 2 years experience in a mental health setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES NEEDED:
- Knowledge of providing rehabilitative assistance to individuals diagnosed with a severe mental illness.
- Knowledge of crisis interventions.
- Knowledge of group dynamics and human development.
- Clear knowledge and ability to communicate effectively with clients and other staff members.
- Ability to evaluate client and program needs and to apply counseling theory in a clinical setting.
- Knowledge of basic health and welfare services provided by other public and private agencies.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Provides individual, group and crisis counseling to participants in program
- Provide rehabilitative services to clients served, and respond to client needs effectively and in a timely manner.
- Facilitates community meetings on a weekly basis.
- Provides advisory and consultative services to other counselors and staff within the programs at MIRCI
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have a valid SC driver’s license and a good driving record.