LICENSED SOCIAL WORKER/LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR – YOUTH PROGRAM
FUNCTION: Under limited supervision provides specialized clinical services, including the provision of individual and group counseling of an advanced nature for youth/young adults who have experienced severe and persistent mental illness, trauma, and/or emotional problems participating in a Behavioral Health setting. The licensed Professional Counselor will report directly to the Youth Services Director.
EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION: Considered professional, exempt position that is regular full-time.
- Participates in treatment team meetings on a daily basis.
- Provides case management to youth accessing drop-in center to help meet basic needs.
- Provides emergency services including, but not limited to, crisis intervention and assessments, and during after-hours rotation.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Provides group, individual and psychosocial rehabilitative services.
- Provides documentation of services provided within 24 hours of service.
- Coordinates, plans, and implements regularly scheduled groups and activities for clients.
- Performs array of clinical functions to assist clients in recovery.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of methods, principles and practices of clinical counseling.
- Extensive knowledge of psychopathology and patient management within a psychiatric setting.
- Extensive knowledge of group dynamics and human development.
- Ability to evaluate counselor skills and program needs and to apply counseling theory in a clinical setting.
- Some knowledge of basic health and welfare services provided by other public and private agencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective contact with individuals, families and representatives of other professional disciplines.
- Knowledge of individual and group behavioral traits.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed care.
- Some knowledge of the techniques of interviewing and counseling.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, both orally and in writing.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s Degree from an Accredited School of Counseling, Social Work or Mental Health. Must have a SC Licensure of LPC, LPC-I, LISW-CP, or LMSW and 2 years of experience in a clinical counseling program. Must have a valid SC driver’s license and a good driving record. Must be certifiable in defensive driving and Standard CPR/1st-Aid. Training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is preferred.
Function: Plans, coordinates, and performs administrative and support activities for senior level managers of MIRCI.
Employee Classification: Considered a professional, exempt position that is regular full-time.
Guidelines for Distinguishing Characteristics: Performs administrative and support duties for MIRCI’s Executive Director; acts as point of contact among senior managers; and provides coordination and support to the Board of Directors.
Examples of Work:
- Coordinates general administrative and support activities for the Board of Directors and Senior Management of MIRCI.
- Maintains MIRCI’s current policies and procedures, and supports Senior Management with CARF accreditation process.
- Under general supervision of Executive Director, provides technical assistance in the formulation of grant applications.
- Researching and preparing documents for review and presentation by Executive Director, Senior Managers or Board of Directors.
- Coordinates meetings of the Board of Directors, Committee of the Board, and Senior Managers; including recording minutes from meetings.
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming emails, faxes, and mail.
- Ordering supplies for agency.
- Working within donor management software system.
- Conducts confidential and complex special assignments for the Executive Director and Board of Directors; prepares and maintains confidential and specialized records and reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to the Administrative Department of MIRCI.
- Project coordination experience.
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite.
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as donors, volunteers and vendors.
- Ability to organize daily workload by priorities.
- Ability to collect and assemble complex and specialized information in a confidential manner.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
Necessary Special Requirements: Must have a valid SC driver’s license and good driving record.
Minimum Requirements: A bachelor’s degree and 2 years experience; an associate degree and 4 years experience; or a high school diploma and 6 years related experience.